Lunch on a Stick
How could anything on a stick not be fun? How about an entire lunch that way? There are 101 or more combinations you can make, don’t rule anything out, there a lot of healthy and tasty lunch items that make a perfect kabob for lunchtime fun.
For the lunch pictured above we have proteins, fruits and veggies – the perfect combination!
- Ham, Swiss, and whole wheat bread.
- Black olives, and cherry tomato halves.
- Strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and grapes.
For best results lightly toast bread before spearing. You can also include a dipping sauce for the meats: 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise and 1 tsp spice brown mustard.
Here are some ideas for things to put on a stick
- Ham and Cheddar
- Turkey and Swiss
- Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella, with toasted English muffin pieces
- Hot Dog, Bun and Cheese Cubes
- Grilled Cheese Bites
- Antipasta Kebab with large pasta shells, Ziti, Tomatoes, Black Olives and Pepperoni or Salami
- Fruits: watermelon, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, pitted cherries, cantaloupe, honeydew, kiwi, banana, pears. Toss fruits on lemon juice so they don’t brown.
For a healthy fruit dip I combine 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla Greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp honey and ¼ tsp. of cinnamon.
As you can see, the sky is the limit! Add whatever your kids enjoy onto a stick and they will enjoy it that much more!