These cookie ice cream sandwiches are easy to make whether it's semi-homemade or full-on homemade cookies.
Easy ice cream sandwiches are on the menu all summer long! I love them – with chocolate chips, M&M's, or any other candies mixed in. I really don't think there is a bad combination at all when you're marrying ice cream and cookies.
I used to buy the M&M ice cream sandwiches way more often than I care to admit. As you can imagine it can get pretty expensive. This easy ice cream sandwich recipe helps meet my cravings and save some money!
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches from Scratch
The ingredients and directions listed below walk you through making homemade cookies for your sandwich. You can obviously use pre-made dough to save time. If you're feeling energetic, you can even churn some homemade ice cream.
This recipe will make around 48 cookies. If you don't need that many you can cut the ingredients in half as you prepare.
How to Freeze Ice Cream Sandwiches
As you prepare your ice cream sandwiches, wrap in parchment paper and store in an air-tight freezer bag. If you don't need all of the cookie batter, scoop out individual cookies and flash freeze on a baking pan. When frozen, place in an air-tight freezer bag.Print
Easy Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups, Brown Sugar
- 1 cup, Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup, Salted Butter, softened
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 TBS, Vanilla Extract
- 5 cups, Flour
- 1 tsp, Baking Soda
- 4 cups, Chocolate Chips
- Ice Cream (any flavor works)
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to mix together the brown sugar, sugar and butter.
- Mix in your eggs on low.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda and slowly mix into your wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out your cookie dough into golf ball sized scoop, roll into small balls and place on your baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and freeze for about an hour.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to the bottom center of one cookie and press the bottom of another cookie onto the ice cream.
- Smooth out the sides of the ice cream, wrap and store in an air tighter freezer bag.