Chocolate Brownies with Nutella Frosting and Strawberries
What’s better than chocolate, nutella and strawberries? Seriously, I’m wondering myself because this recipe is the bomb dot com!
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients
- 3⁄4 C. flour
- 2 C. semisweet chocolate
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 4 tbs. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 C. sugar
- 1⁄2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 3” cookie cutter (you can also use a medium size glass)
- 1 C. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 9×13 baking pan
- 1 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 C. Nutella
- 4 C. powdered sugar
- 6 tbs. milk (you may need a little bit or more or a little bit less depending on how thick you like your frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 1520 second increments, stirring until completely melted. Let cool 23 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and then slowly add in the flour and cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into your 9×13 baking pan and bake for 2025 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 25 minutes to check them. If it comes out ‘clean’ they are done.
- Let the brownies cool completely. Once they are cool, use the cookie cutter to cut them into 3” circles and set aside.
- Frosting Directions
- Using a hand mixer beat 2 C. of powdered sugar, 1⁄2 of your butter/margarine and 1⁄2 of your milk and 2 C. of Nutella. Blend well and then slowly add the remaining sugar, milk and butter. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Generously spread the Nutella frosting over the cooled brownies. Top with freshly sliced strawberries.
Makes approximately 12 servings. 1 brownie = 1 serving. If not serving immediately store in an airtight container (minus the fruit and frosting up to 1 week). If frosting and decorating with fruit, serve immediately or store in the fridge.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on March 18, 2015