Yellow Sun Bath Bombs
Print This Post
I’m sure you’ve passed the expensive displays at the department stores selling these bath bombs. Maybe you’ve bought them a few times yourself. I’ve always wanted to but never have done it. And now I won’t need to with this awesome recipe! If you want to save a few bucks, make a batch of these bath bombs. They would make great gifts too!
Bath Bombs Ingredients
- 1 cup, Citric Acid
- 2 cups, Baking Soda
- 1 ounce, Shea Butter or Coconut Butter (melted)
- 5-6 drops, Essential Oil
- Mica Colorant (optional)
- Spray Bottle of Witch Hazel
Bath Bombs Directions
*If you have a manicure, wear gloves, or use a fork during the mixing process.
- In a mixing bowl combine citric acid and baking soda, being sure to remove all lumps.
- Add in mica, melted butter and peppermint essential oil and continue to mix.
- Using your spray bottle, spray the mixture 2-3 times and mix, slowly adding more witch hazel until the mixture holds it shaped when pressed together.
- Press into silicone molds (like these), making sure to compact them tightly.
- Allow to dry in silicon molds for 12 hours. Once 12 hours is up, remove from molds, and allow to dry an additional 24 hours for a nice hard bath bomb.
Disclosure: This post contains a link to an affiliate and support this site. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on August 05, 2014