Copycat Tumbleweed’s White Chili Recipe
Print This Post
I have always loved Tumbleweeds White Chili. So I tried to recreate it at home. I think it turned out really good. Try this recipe and let me know how you like it. Plus it only takes a few minutes and its done. Talk about a quick meal, this one is it.
Copycat Tumbleweed White Chili Ingredients
- 1 tbsp, Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb, Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless), cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup, Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup, Chicken Broth
- 1 can, Green Chiles (chopped)
- 1 can, White Beans (Kidney, Cannelloni or Great Northern)
- 2, Green Onions1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp, Cumin (ground)
- 1/2 tsp, Oregano
- 1/8 tsp, Red Chili Peppers Flakes
- Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add cubed chicken, onions and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in broth, green chilis and spices. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions, cheese or sour cream.
Makes 4 servings. Double the recipe to make even more. This will get eaten!
One bowl at Tumbleweed’s is $4. For a family of four, that is $16. Making this dish for a family of four cost around $4.50. Much less expensive than going out and the taste is even better!
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on February 21, 2011