Gift in a Jar: Italian Tomato + Pasta Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 cups, Bow Tie or Rotini Pasta
- 2 tbsp, Vegetables Flakes (dried)
- 1 tbsp, Minced Onion (dried)
- 1 tsp, Sugar
- 1 tsp, Chicken Bouillon Granules (or 2 cubes)
- 1 tsp, Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp, Minced Garlic (dried)
- 1/4 tsp, Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup, Parmesan Cheese
- Place the pasta in your jar.
- Add all dried seasonings and spices.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake so the seasonings are mixed throughout.
- Put the parmesan cheese in a small Ziploc bag.
- Close the parmesan cheese bag with a twisty tie.
- Cut the excess plastic away above the twisty.
- Place the bag on top of pasta in the jar.1 Jar, Italian Tomato and Pasta Soup Mix
5 cups, Water
1 can, Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz)
4-6 slices, Crumbled Bacon
1/2 package, Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed)
- Remove the cheese packet from jar and set aside.
- Combine water and remaining contents of the jar in a large saucepan.
- Bring everything to a boil for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and bacon.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Makes 4-5 servings.