How to Make a Bulletin Board for Kids Room
- Heavy Box or Plywood, 24″ x 24″
- Batting, 26″ x 52″ or (2) 26″ x 26″ pieces
- Ribbon, 5′ yard
- Decorative Beads (optional)
- Staple Gun
- Glue Gun
- Lay the batting down on table and center the cardboard on top of batting, making sure that there are at least 2 inches of batting on all four sides of cardboard.
- On the center of each square, pull the batting up and over the cardboard and staple. Do this on all 4 sides. Then go back and start to staple in between until all sides are stapled down.
- Lay your material face first down on table and center the batting cardboard on top of the material, making sure that there are at least 2 inches of material on all 4 sides of the batting. Staple into place using the same format that you did with the batting.
- Lay the ribbon from one corner to the other, leaving about 2 inches on both ends to overlap the material.
- Cut off and do the same with the opposite corner to corner. Turn the board over and staple all four corners, pulling tight before your staple. You will have an X on the front side of the board.
- From the center of your X, measure 8″ down toward each point of your board and this is where your next piece of ribbon goes. You will need 4 pieces of ribbon. This will form a box with an X in the middle. Staple all pieces of ribbon into place on the back side of the board.
- Where the ribbons meet, hot glue the decorative beads or buttons (if you are using them).
- Add either a picture hanger to the back of the board, velcro or 2-sided tape to mount on the wall.