The following Everyday Savings Tip comes from, Desiree:
One of the biggest ways my husband and I save money is by shopping at thrift stores! My daughter starts kindergarten this fall and my son is only 18 months – they are growing like weeds. We recently changed to a one income family so full retail prices simply aren’t in our prices.
We have purchased clothes from The Childrens Place, Hollister, Abercrombie, and Gymboree at a fraction of their original retail prices simply by visiting our local Goodwill or resale store. Most of the items we purchase are brand new with tags or like new and it is ok to be picky! Both of our kids are clothed in name brand clothing without the high price tag!
I know there can be some stigma associated with thrift stores but friends and family have both started asking if they can shop with me!
Here are a few other good reads on thrift store shopping:
- Bridgett shared some great Thrift Store Shopping Tips.
- I have some general thoughts on thrifting versus clearance shopping.
- Sarah thrifts to save money on toys.
- Krista’s strategy to Buy, Borrow and Resell to save.
- Heather suggests thrifting to find unique wine glasses.