Rice Krispies Wreaths
These Rice Krispies Cookie Wreaths are so fun to make AND eat! They would be perfect as a make & take for a classroom party!
- 10 oz bag, Marshmallows
- 6 cups, Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 TBS, Butter (softened)
- Green Food Coloring
- Miniature Red M&M’s
- 1.5-2″ Round Cookie Cutter
- 4-5″ Round Scalloped Cookie Cutter (this one has does both cuts)
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine your marshmallows and softened butter and heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until your marshmallows start to get soft and puffy.
- Use your 1/4 teaspoons measuring spoon to mix in enough green food coloring to color your marshmallows green and stir well.
- Now mix in 3 cups of your Rice Krispies cereal, give it a quick stir with your tablespoon or large mixing spoon and mix in the other 3 cups.
- Scoop and press your red Rice Krispies into the bottom of a greased 9×13″ baking pan (I like to use a greased potato masher) and let set for about an hour.
- Use your larger scalloped cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can and use your smaller one to cut out the center.
- While your marshmallows are still sticky, press several red M&M’s all over the Rice Krispie Wreaths (if your having trouble with them sticking dip the back of the M&M’s into some frosting or melted chocolate before you press them onto the wreath).