Olive Garden Smoked Mozzarella Chicken and Penne Pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2–3 Tbs. olive oil for cooking chicken
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half & half, warmed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3–4 slices smoked provolone, cut in thin strips or 1/2 cup shredded Smoked Mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish
- Marinate the chicken in lemon juice and garlic for an hour in the fridge.
- Heat water for pasta and cook pasta. While it cooks, do remaining steps of recipe.
- Heat 2-3 Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook till done. Remove from pan.
- Add 3 Tbs. butter to same skillet. Cook garlic in butter 2-3 minutes. Add chopped red pepper. Cook several minutes till pepper is tender-crisp. Remove from pan.
- Whisk in wine, cooking a minute. Whisk in half & half.
- Stir in Parmesan and Asiago cheese. Turn heat down to simmer, stirring to let the cheese melt.
- Drain cooked pasta. Combine pasta with sauce and red peppers. Top with cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, Provolone or Smoked Mozzarella and parsley.