Make Your Own Live Herb Garden
- Herbs, variety
- Potting Soil
- Make sure you start with a clean container that has drainage holes in the bottom. If yours does not, then depending on the container, you can drill a few holes in the bottom. If you are using a good container that you would like to keep, then line it with plastic to help protect it.
- Fill the container 3/4 full with potting soil.
- Take your herbs out of their original container and break the bottom of the plants a little to allow for growth and place them into the soil burying them up to the crown of the plant. This is how deep they were in the original container. Do this with the flowers as well.
Make sure that after all the plants are in the container that you cover all the plants up to their crowns with soil.
- Water the plants well (it’s a given).
- Tuck moss in and around the plants covering the soil. This helps in maintaining moisture for the plants and it is also eye pleasing.
- Tie a ribbon around the container.