- In a small bowl combine water, yeast, and sugar. Allow to sit 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine flour, and salt in mixer, fitted with a dough hook.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture and knead on low for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively you can do it by hand for the same length of time.
- Set dough in a lightly greased large bowl, cover with a clean dry towel and allow to rise for one hour.
- Punch down the dough (just a couple jabs will do). Divide dough in half, and shape into 2 dough balls.
- Let dough rise another hour.
Freezing Homemade Pizza Dough
Skip the 2nd rise (Step 6) and place in a freezer bag that has been lightly coated in oil, pressing out all the air and seal tightly. When ready to bake thaw pizza dough for about 2 hours on counter, roll out into pizza shape.
Homemade Pizza Dough Bake Time
Preheat oven to 450°. Top with your preferred toppings and bake for 12-15 minutes.