Best DIY Homemade Bath Bombs Recipe like LUSH
These homemade bath bombs make a great gift for someone too! Use whatever molds you have around your home or try different molds for different occasions. Make a big batch and package them in cellophone gift bags and you have the perfect inexpensive gift!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all your dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch) mix well. I like to wear a little mask when mixing the citric acid.
- Add your coconut oil to a small microwave safe dish and heat for 15-30 seconds until melted. Be careful it gears quickly.
- Mix your essential oil and food coloring to your melted coconut oil.
- Slowing add your melted coconut oil mixture to your dry ingredients, while mixing.
- Once all of your coconut oil is added, your mixture should feel like damp sand.
- Start filling your silicone tree molds with your bath bomb mixture.
- Press your mixture firmly into your molds
- Let dry for about 12 hours then turn your mold upside down and carefully pop them out
- Place one in the bottom of your shower or in your warm bath tub to release your bath bomb.
Be careful not to rub your eyes directly during or after use.