Instructions for assembling the Jar:
- Add the oats into the jar as the first layer.
- Add the raisins.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and add to jar.
Directions for Baking
Make a copy of the cooking directions below and place them on a card or paper and attach to the jar.
:: 1 Jar, Raisin Oat Scone Mix
:: 1/2 cup, Butter (chilled and cut into pieces)
:: 1 cup, Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease two cookie sheets.
- Empty contents of jar into large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and blend with pastry blender or two knives until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in enough buttermilk until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 12-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Makes about 30 scones.