Instructions for assembling the Jar:
- Layer the ingredients in the jar in the order as they are listed above.
- Combine the apricots, cranberries and raisins in a small Ziploc bag.
- Close the dried fruit packet with a twisty tie.
- Cut the excess plastic away above the twisty.
- Place the bag on top of the rice mixture in the jar.
Once all of the steps above are complete, cover the jar tightly with a lid. Add your fabric, ribbon or raffia and the directions for baking.
Directions for Cooking
Make a copy of the cooking directions below and place them on a card or paper and attach to the jar.
- 1 Jar, Fruited Rice Mix
- 2 1/4 cups, Water
- 1 tbsp, Butter
- 1/2 cup, Orange Juice
- Remove the dried fruit packet from jar and set aside.
- Combine water, butter and remaining contents of jar in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in orange juice and contents of dried fruit packet.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Makes 4 servings.