Easy and Beautiful Thanksgiving Centerpiece
- Soup Tureen or Large Decorative Bowl
Search for candles around your house. I purchased new ones at a discount store on sale.
- Bird Seed
Purchase just enough to fill half of the bowl. You could also use beans, stones, or glass marbles. I like the bird seed so I can feed the birds after Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Picks or Leaves
See if you have any left over as part of an old decoration from last year.
- Newspaper and clear plastic wrap (i.e., Saran)
- Crumble the newspaper and put it inside the bowl until it is about 3/4 filled.
- Place the clear wrap on top of the crumbled paper.
This will help hold whatever you are using so it will not fall to the bottom.
- Pour the bird seed over the top of the clear wrap and smooth out.
This should fill the bowl to just under the rim.
- Place the candles around the inside of the bowl.
Add a few leaves, pumpkins, gourds or whatever else you may have too!
- If you have a platter, like I do, you can add a few decorations around the bottom. If you are using a bowl, maybe lay some picks around the bottom of your bowl.