Here are some free events going on in the Dayton Area.
Come out to the Air Force Museum and celebrate Gravity on Saturday. Here are some of the activities scheduled for the day.
- Demonstrations based on the concept of gravity
- Try on a real parachute, and sit in B-2 Ejection Seat
- Story Time at 11:30am & 1:15pm in the Early Years Gallery
- Make & Fly Paper gyrocopter
- Build your own Paper Parachutes from 1:30pm-3pm (Between Korean War & Southeast Asia War Gallery)
What a fun way to learn all about gravity. I think my boys would love to try on the parachute and make the paper gyrocopter and parachutes.
It is that time of year again for the annual Apple Festival at Hidden Valley Fruit Farm on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm. Here are some highlights to look forward to:
- Apples of course
- Bounce Houses
- Face Painting
There will be food vendors as well. I am looking forward to the Fresh Apple Cider!
Come out and try shotgun, rifle, pellet gun and archery shooting activities and instruction at the Spring Valley Range. All equipment and ammunition will be provided and the range fees waived. There will be certified instructors that will be teaching proper gun handling and safety.
This sounds like a lot of fun for me! I grew up learning how skeet shooting and I loved archery. I think this would be a good experience for my boys!
This free event will be held Saturday and Sunday at Wartlinger Park in Beavercreek. This event celebrates our local history and highlights include:
- Pioneer foods
- Local artisans
- Penny candy store
- Live Music
- Tour of the Park and Historic Log Homes
- Antique Appraisals $5 per item, Saturday 11am-2pm only
Children's activity tickets can be purchased at $2 a piece. This would be fun for the kids to travel back to the pioneer days and learn about how they lived.
This free event will be a great opportunity to learn from those who raise fiber producing animals. There will be llamas, sheep, alpacas and over 100 vendors. Here are some highlights for the event:
- Children's Activities (Learn how to weave, spin, felting)
- Live Music
- Sheer Shearer Demonstrations
- Demonstrations on weaving, spinners, rug hooking + more
There will be something for everyone! This will be a great opportunity to learn something new and have some family fun at the same time.
For More Free Events, Check out the Dayton Savings Calendar!