The Troy Strawberry Festival will begin tonight at 6pm for Opening Ceremonies and end on Sunday, June 5 at 6pm. It is one of my favorites because I absolutely love strawberries!! Trust me, there are so many strawberry inspired food choices that it is nearly impossible to pick just a few. The weekend is not only packed with food, but lots of entertainment and activities, too! This is one festival you will not want to miss!!
I have highlighted some of the Events Scheduled this weekend. This may help to pick the best day if you do not live close, like me! :)
Friday, June 3rd
- 6pm-Opening Ceremonies
- 6pm-9pm-Food, Crafts, Games, On the Square
- 6:15pm Children's Parade
- 6:30pm Big Wheel Race Area, On the Square
- 7pm Bed Races-On the Square
Saturday, June 4th-10am-8pm
- 9am Parade- Downtown Troy
- 1:30pm Strawberry Pie Eating Contest, Registration at 12:30pm
- 2pm Children's Treasure Hunt
- 3:30pm Strawberry Kid's Crawl, Great Miami River Flood Plain
- 11pm-8pm Free Entertainment on the Levee
Sunday, June 5th from 10am-6pm
- 7:30am-1pm Car Show
- 8:30 am Classic Run 10K, Troy HS Stadium
- 12pm Diaper Derby, Center Stage
- 12pm Kid'Athalon, Troy HS Stadium, Registration at 11:30am
- 2:45pm Strawberry Idol Talent Show Performers
- 3:30pm Back Seat Driver Contest, Troy HS Stadium
- 4:30 Duck Race, Great Miami River
If you are planning on going to the festival, you may want to take advantage of the free parking and shuttle service to the festival. I know in years past that parking can be a challenge and limited during the festival.
This is sure to be a great time for the entire family! What are you looking forward to this years festival whether it is food or entertainment? I must have the donuts and chocolate covered strawberries! I hope to see you there!
For more Free Upcoming Events, check out the Dayton Savings Lifestyle Calendar!