Here are a few things going on around town.
Bring the kid's out this weekend to build their very own Biplane. The kit will come with stickers to decorate their plane along with two punch out pilots. You will need to register ahead of time to ensure a spot at your local Lowe's.
Every participant will receive the kit, goggles, apron, a project themed patch and a merit pin for completing the project. I think the best thing that they will get out of the project is self-confidence. Wow! Look what I made, and that is priceless.
What a way to celebrate our freedom than attending the Patriot Festival this weekend. If you are a runner, then you may want to participate in the Freedom Walk, Run or Roll 5K . It will be held at 8:30am Saturday morning and breakfast is included. Here are some things planned for this festival.
- Live Music & Entertainment
- 4 Freedom Team
- Military Displays and Re-enactors
- Miami Valley Military History Museum
- Games & Children's Activities
- Historical Tours
It is that time of year for festivals and the Dayton Heritage Festival should be a good one. It will be a great way to visit Carillon Historical Park because admission is not normally free. You can also enjoy a performance from the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra!
I know my boys will love to end the festival with a fireworks display. Here is what you can expect at this years festival!
- Kid Zone with Inflatables, Crafts & Face Painting
- Admission to the 30 Historical Buildings and Exhibits
- Demonstrations and Hands On Activities
- $1 Train Rides from the Carillon Park Rail and Steam Society
- Strolling Barbershop Quartet & Jazz Performances
- Illumination of the Deeds
- Live Performances of the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra @7pm
- Fireworks Finale at 9:30pm
This is a free event, however you will have to pay $5 for parking. You can park either at Carillon Historical Park or Welcome Stadium. There will be a shuttle from Welcome Stadium to the festival.
For more Free Upcoming Events, check out the Dayton Savings Lifestyle Calendar!