Here's another reader question which gets asked a lot…
What does it mean to check the SS Insert?
You can find a long list of coupon abbreviations and lingo to understand what these acronyms mean. Specifically on the question for the various abbreviations in the weekly store deals, many are short for the newspaper insert names. Here's a quick rundown:
- GM Insert = General Mills
- SS Insert = Smart Source
- RP Insert = Red Plum
- P&G Insert = Proctor & Gamble
Some other abbreviations you will see in the weekly coupon match ups also include these:
- exp = expiration date
- ECB = CVS Extra Care Bucks
- IVC = Walgreens Instant Value Coupons
- RR = Walgreens Register Rewards
Find all the tips on shopping drugstores here.
- SCR = Rite Aid Single Check Rebates
- STACK = Using two coupons on one product
A store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon together.
- YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary
Meaning it may work at one store but not another 10 minutes down the road.
Can you think of any other abbreviations you see used a lot that I'm missing? Let me know in the comments!
Got a coupon question?
Submit it on the Coupon Questions and Answers form today!