The Old West Festival is back! Grab your cowboy boots and your western wear and be a part of the Old West Festival! Starting this weekend, you will take a step back in time to the sights, sounds, and smells of the Dodge City Wild West Town in 1878. The festival is located in Williamsburg, OH, which is about 15 minutes off of I-275, east of Cincinnati.
Now, that you are dressed and ready to go! Be sure to check out these shows and performances.
- Magician Jason Jacobs will amaze you
- Pickle Brothers
- Rider Keisner, World Champion Roper
- Miss Melody Star & Hurdy Gurdy Dancing Girls
- Medicine & Saloon Shows
- Gunfights (a popular favorite)
- Trick Shooting
Also, there will be plenty of great period music that will help you forget that you are actually in the year 2013. You will hear the Gunpowder Creek, Bob Ford, The Ragamuffins and more. Not to mention, there will plenty of people dressed in their western best. If you do dress up, they may have character contest like last year too!
For the youngins', they can be sworn in as a town deputies every morning at 10:15 am. They will have storytime, puppet shows, magic shows, and even play historic games. Pony rides are available for $5 or a A &A Express Train for $2 or $3 for adults.
This year, they will have themed weekends too! Here is the lineup.
- Sept 7 & 8 – Cowboy Hero
- Sept 14 &15 – Native American
- Sept 21 – 22 – Steam Punk
- Sept 28 & 29 – Villians Weekend
- Oct 5 & 6 – American's Pastime
The festival will be every Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 6 pm through October 7, 2013. Tickets are $12 for Adults, $6 for kids agest 6 – 12, and kids ages 5 and under are FREE. However, you can find discount tickets at Jungle Jim's Eastgate location.
My kids attend a cowboy ranch themed summer camp with our church. They love to watch the cowboys, hang out in the cow boy town and participate in the rodeo at the end of the week. This will be right up their alley and will be fun for the entire family. I am excited that the Old West Festival is offering one lucky Savingslifestyle Cincinnati reader 4 Admission Tickets.
The only required method to enter the giveaway is with a comment, so…
Leave us a comment and what are you excited about experiencing at the Old West Festival or which theme weekend is your favorite!
To increase your chances of winning, there are optional entries available for you, which are:
- Subscribe to the FREE Savings Lifestyle Email Newsletter or RSS updates.
- Follow @CincySavings on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway!
- “Like” Savings Lifestyle on Facebook and tell your friends about the chance to win!
- “Like” Old West Festival on Facebook and let them know Savings Lifestyle sent you!
- Follow @OldWestFestival on Twitter!
: : Quick Message to copy/paste for Twitter and Facebook : :
Visit SavingsLifestyle.com/Cincy to enter Old West Festival 4 Tickets
Good luck! This giveaway will close on Thursday, September [email protected] 3pm (EST). I will choose the winner at random and contact you directly and update the Giveaway Page with the winner's name.
* If you are reading via email or a feed, please visit Savings Lifestyle.com/cincy directly to leave your comments to be entered in the giveaway!
Disclaimer: I was given a 4Tickets for the Old West Festival to attend with my family. The opinions in this post are my own. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.