Have you had the opportunity to catch one of the Free Shakespeare in the Park shows performed by the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company yet? If not, never fear, there are several opportunities to see the shows still! This summer marks the 6th annual year for Shakespeare in the Park. This year features Macbeth and The Tempest. The schedule includes several dates for each play:
- Fri Aug 17 1pm, Vinoklet Winery, Cincinnati
- Sat Aug 18 6:30pm, Boone Woods Park, Burlington, KY
- Fri Aug 24, 7pm, Colerain Park, Colerain Twp, OH
- Sat Aug 25, 6:30pm, Harry Whiting Brown Lawn, Glendale, OH
- Sun Aug 26, 6pm, Presidents Park, Edgewood, KY
- Sun Sept 9, 7pm, Washington Park, Cincinnati
- Sat Aug 18, 6:30pm, Keehner Park , West Chester, OH
- Fri Aug 31, 7pm, Eden Park- Seasongood Pavillion, Cincinnati
- Wed Sept 12, 7pm, Monroe Community Park, Monroe, OH
I attended the opening night of Macbeth at Washington Park this last Sunday. It was simply fabulous! The cast was amazing! The shows are family and dog friendly. Bring a chair, blanket, snacks and bug spray. All shows are Free and open to the public.
Check the Staycation Fun in Cincinnati list for more ideas for family fun!