As usual there are lots of opportunities for you and your family to enjoy Free events and activities this weekend! Have a great one!
Art After Dark at the Art Museum will include live music performed by Ubi Caritas: Band of the Baroque. There will be docent roaming the Museum and offering information on the Special Exhibit The Art of Sound: Four Centuries of Musical Instruments. There will also be a James Bond movie marathon in honor of the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 on display during the month of June.
The event is Free. Cash bar will be available offering beverages and appetizers for purchase.
Final Friday in OTR this month is celebrating the opening of Reser Bicycle Outfitters at 1419 Vine St. with a grand opening reception with food, fun and drinks!
Nearby there will be another grand opening celebration of PetWants Kitchen at 1409 Vine St. There will be food (for the pets) and wine tasting (for the people) and live music by the Wild Mountain Berries.
If two grand openings are enough, here's a third! Substance, a women’s clothing store with another location in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, is having a grand opening tonight at its new location at 1435 Main St. next door to everybody’s favorite small batch gourmet pops, Streetpops.
Down the street at the corner of 13th and Main, Smartfish Studio & Sustainable Supply is hosting the opening of Edged, a collection of current work by local artist Dylan Tennison.
Movies & Concerts
- Fri 7pm The Mistics, Colerain Township
- Fri 7pm MidPoint Indie Summer, Fountain Square
- Fri 8pm Robin Lacy & DeZydeco, Blue Ash Towne Square
- Fri at dark Dolphin Tale, Harrison Recreation Commission
Explore the Civic Garden Center, Green Learning Station and Hauck Botanic Garden with your family during this day of summer outdoor fun. Your family will solve puzzles that lead you to different parts of our gardens, where you will find hands-on activities that include cooking, tasting, crafts, planting, critter hunting and water games. Come dressed ready to get wet and dirty. The event is Free!
Enjoy this hands-on event with your children on the ground floor of the Art Museum this weekend. We did this a few weeks ago and our kids had a blast! Along with the theme of music at the Art Museum this summer, your child will get to experiment with many types of instruments. There is also a build-a-tamborine craft available.
Come over to the Monfort Heights library Saturday for your chance to feed and pet animals from Honey Hill Farm, including a miniature horse, miniature donkey, an alpaca, bunnies, goats, sheeps and ducks. This experience is sure to delight little ones!
Come out to Armco Park at Shelter #26 to learn all about the owls of Warren County from a Park Naturalist. After the presentation stay and enjoy all the park has to offer, including hiking and boating .
Don't forget about the event I posted about yesterday happening at Qdoba in Tylersville this Saturday. While Kids Eat Free all day, you won't want to miss the fun activities and crafts happening 11am-2pm!
Movies & Concerts
- Sat 12pm-3pm Hickory Robot, Cincinnati Premium Outlets in Monroe
- Sat 7pm, Self-Diploma Beats, Fountain Square
- Sat 7pm West Chester Symphony, Keehner Park in West Chester with Ice Cream Social!!
- Sat 8:30pm Night at the Museum, Olden View Park
Hamilton County is saying “thank you” to the public for it's continued support of the Parks. All events on Sunday July 1 are Free and residents may enter without the regularly required vehicle permit. Free first events include:
- Free tour boat rides at Winton Woods.
- Free wet playground entry at Parky’s Pirate Cove, Parky’s Ark and Parky’s Wetland Adventure (limit two free tickets per adult).
- 10% off merchandise at any Nature’s Niche Gifts & Books store.
- Golf discounts:
- July 1 at Little Miami Golf Center – “Receive a free round of golf on the 18-hole Boulder’s putting course.”
- Free fishing at Lake Isabella and Campbell Lakes Preserve.
- Nature programs happening during Free Firsts:
- July 1 at Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve – Owl Week inside Ellenwood Nature Barn from 11am-3pm.
- July 1 at Sharon Woods – Glaciers program in Sharon Centre at 2pm.
- August 1 at Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve – Turtle Week inside Ellenwood Nature Barn from 11am-3pm and 6pm-8pm.
Movies & Concerts
- Sun 4pm The Buffalo Ridge Jazz Band, Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum
- Sun 7pm An American Tail, Fountain Square Downtown
Check the Staycation Fun in Cincinnati list for more ideas for family fun!
Family Friendly Cincinnati has more weekend happenings at
What's Up this Weekend