Looking for a delicious hot lunch that isn’t processed? Skip the can, and go for these instead. Simple, perfect for the freezer, kid friendly, adults will love them, and includes ingredients you can pronounce. What’s not to love about that? A fun lunch from your childhood that is sure to bring a smile when the lunch bell rings.
Homemade Beefaroni Recipe Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups, Pasta
- 1/3 pound, Ground Beef
- ¼ cup, Water
- 1 -14 oz, Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp, Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp, Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp, Black Pepper
- 2 cloves, Garlic
- ½ cup, Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp, Grated Parmesan
Homemade Beefaroni Recipe Directions
- Boil noodles for 8-10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain grease.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, garlic, cheeses, water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and scoop into small plastic freezer safe containers, leaving a little room for expansion or into a freezer bag. Don’t forget to label your package!
A thermos container like this will keep your food fresh and warm until lunch. Pop in a piece of fresh fruit and something crunchy like a granola bar for a rounded lunch.