Current Sales and Promotions
The Aldi sale is effective Sunday and lasts thru Saturday. You can find the current ad information online at Aldi.com.
The Aldi deals are posted on Savings Lifestyle on Sunday for the new sale week.
You will see in my Saving Snacks occassionally that I shop at Aldi. I have had people ask me what Aldi is so I thought I would share a few things about Aldi.
Aldi's philosophy is to “provide incredible value every day.” Here are some facts directly from the Aldi website:
- We concentrate purchasing power, carrying only 1,400 or so of your most frequently purchased grocery and household items, nearly all under our own private labels. As a result, we get the lowest prices from our suppliers‚ and pass the savings on to you.
- We streamline operations, eliminating every feature that increases cost‚ and prices. (See the Shopping Smarter section for details.) When you shop at ALDI, you pay for food‚ and frills.
- We adhere to stringent quality standards. Every product we sell must match or exceed the leading national brand in taste, appearance, and/or performance. Our premium produce is shipped faster and smarter, so it comes to your table fresher and cheaper. Were so sure of the quality of what we sell that we back it with our exclusive Double Guarantee. So you can always shop ALDI with confidence.
Now, here are some of Mommy Snacks' facts directly from me :-) :
- Bring some green. Aldi will ONLY accept cash or debit cards for payment.
- Bring a quarter. You MUST rent their carts for a quarter which is returned when you return it to the cart corral.
- Bring your own bags. Aldi does NOT provide any bags. They do offer left ofter boxes that product was shipped in (kind of like the warehouse stores) so you can use those to box up your groceries (which is what I generally do).
- No coupons allowed :-( The majority of the brands in the store are Aldi brands, there are some name brands from time to time. I NEVER purchase these because I have found that even if they are discounted from the Kroger and Meijer prices, it is still NOT cheaper since you cannot use coupons.
Now, with all that out of the way, my personal shopping with Aldi is generally monthly or bi-monthly it just all depends what I need (it helps that they are right across from “my” Meijer). And, the produce is hit/miss for me on price and quality. Actually, the apples were more expensive this week at Aldi than the sale price at Meijer (and the Aldi apples were pretty bruised too). Lately, Kroger and Meijer have been having very good produce sales so I've been sticking with them since I don't visit Aldi as frequently.
There are really only a few things I typically purchase and they are all Aldi brand, and can hold up to any name brand in my opinion! These items are priced generally the same all the time. Here are a list of items I purchased (in the picture above) with the prices:
- $2.25 Gallon Milk
- $.99 Box of Honey Buns 6 ct
- $.45/LB Bananas (they are packaged in bunches)
- $.99 Sour Cream
- $.59 Dozen Large Eggs
- $1.49 Instant Oatmeal (I usually don't buy this there but it was a need this week)
- $1.99 Salsa in the Fridge section (the BEST salsa…seriously!)
- $.99 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- $.99 Brown Sugar 2 LB
- $1.15 Ketchup 32 oz
- $.89 Box of Saltine Crackers
- $1.69 Box of Bread (Ritz) Crackers
And, a few other prices I wanted to remember for future reference:
- $1.33 Flour 5-pound Bag
- $2.08 Sugar 5-pound Bag
- $1.99 Shredded Cheese
These prices are good for me to remember in the event I'm out of something and want to find the lowest price if no sales exist. If you want to see if there is an Aldi near you, visit Aldi.com. Also, I just saw that Aldi has a menu planner you can use which is a great benefit. You can find the menu planner on the Aldi site as well.
Do you shop Aldi? What is your overall opinion of the store? What Aldi products do you love? I think my fave Aldi product is that Salsa!