Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Print This Post
Here is another great back to school lunchbox idea. Chicken and pasta will fill up their bellies, and put a smile on their face. Less processed junk with lots more flavor. This makes a good weeknight family meal too just double or triple the recipe.
Make this all in one dish which is a bonus for easy clean up! This dish will freeze well, or serve immediately. The recipe as listed makes about 4-5 servings
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Ingredients
- 1 cup, Rotini Noodles
- ¾ cup , Shredded Cheese
The best tasting combination seems to be a mix of gouda and extra sharp cheddar.
- 1 Tbsp, Skim Milk
- 1 Tbsp, Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp, Garlic Salt
- 2 tbsp, Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup, Cooked Chicken Breast (cubed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Directions
- Cook chicken by boiling, pan frying, or crockpot.
Whenever I cook chicken for a recipe using any of these methods, I cook a few extra pieces and dice or shred to toss in other recipes.
- Boil uncooked rotini noodles 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- While noodles are still hot combine, chicken stock, seasonings, milk, cheese, and noodles in pan.
- Simmer on low until cheese sauce is just melted.
- Allow to cool, spoon into freezer safe dish or bag.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on August 13, 2013