If you still need to get your seeds started for the planting, try this gardening hack using old toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls! If you use paper towel rolls, you will need to cut to size (as mentioned in directions below). Whichever you decide to use, it will work the same!
Seed Starters Supplies
- Organic Seed Starting Potting Soil
- Herb Seeds of Choice (parsley and oregano are in these pics)
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls or Paper Towel Rolls
- Empty Clean Plastic To-Go Container
a clear reusable sandwich container works great too
Seed Starters Directions
- If using paper towels, cut roll into 3 to 4 inch sections.
- Place them upright into your empty plastic container.
- Fill each paper towel roll up three quarters the way with loose soil, water, and press your soil down.
- Place about five seeds into each paper towel roll and top off with loose soil.
- Water and place in a window sill in the sunlight.
- Water morning and night but do not flood.
- Seedlings should start to grow after 7-10 days (may be different according to which seeds you planted).
It doesn’t take long before you can plant into your garden for the spring/summer planting season!