Harry Potter Golden Snitch Ornament
One of the most identifiable icons from the Harry Potter Series is the Golden Snitch. If you have a Harry Potter fan in your house this easy Golden Snitch Ornament is a must do for your Christmas tree. Super simple and fun to make it is a great project for kids or grownups to get their hands into.
Golden Snitch Craft Supplies
Golden Snitch Craft Directions
- Start by removing the hanging cap from your ornament.
- Hold ornament by the neck where the cap was and quickly paint it with a thick layer of craft glue all over.
- Dust glitter around the entire ornament, repeating as necessary until it has a thick even coat of glitter.
- Carefully replace the cap and hang your ornament to dry for a few hours.
- While the glue is setting up you can move onto the wings.
- Fold your gold sheet over and cut 2 shapes like feathers/ leaves. I found that 4”-5” is a great size for the golden snitch wings.
- Cut halfway through on each side of your feather shape to define the feathering.
- Gently tap excess glitter off your ornament and if desired, spray your ornament with a coat or two of clear sealant to keep it from shedding glitter.
- Use hot glue to firmly secure the wings to either side of the gold glittered ball. Hold the wings in place until the glue is cooled and set.
- Add a hanger or ribbon.
- Your Golden Snitch is now ready to take its place of honor in your family tree!
This would be something fun to do with a school class for a holiday project! Or, have a Harry Potter day to watch the series and make your golden snitch for the tree!
Disclosure: This post contains a link to an affiliate and support this site. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on November 30, 2016