Easy Homemade Royal Icing Recipe
‘Tis the season for decorating cookies! Sugar cookies were always a cookie we made growing up. Here is an easy royal icing recipe for decorating sugar cookies. And I seriously mean it’s EASY! That’s all I know how to do!
The colors are only limited by your imagination especially if you have a large pack of food coloring gels! Pick up these plastic squeeze bottles to make decorating less messy too!
Easy Royal Icing Ingredients
- 3 cups, Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup, Milk
- 1/4 cup, Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp, Almond Extract
- Food Coloring Gels (any colors)
- Decorating bottles or icing bags
Easy Royal Icing Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, add your powdered sugar.
- Slowing add in your milk, corn syrup, and almond extract while mixing with a hand mixer on low.
- Once all your ingredients are mixed well you can turn up the mixer a notch.
- After about a minutes you should have a thick smooth icing.
- Separate your icing into 4 small bowls, add a drop of your food coloring to each one and mix.
- Carefully pour your icing into your decorating bottle or icing bags and have fun decorating!
Disclosure: This post contains a link to an affiliate and support this site. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on December 07, 2015