Do your kids have spring break coming up? Our boys don’t have an entire week of spring break, just a few days. Either way, they will need something to occupy their time and this homemade Moon Dough will do just that! It’s so easy to make and way better than buying it yourself.
Homemade Moon Dough Ingredients
- 4 cups, White Flour
- ½ cup, Baby Oil
- 5-7 drops, Essential Oils
We used Eucalyptus Essential Oil but have also done Orange, order here .
- Mixing Bowl
- Green and Orange Food Coloring (optional)
Homemade Moon Dough Directions
- In your mixing bowl add the 4 cups of flour and ½ cup of baby oil. Mix well.
- Add 3-4 drops of each the green and orange food coloring. Knead the dough so the color disperses.
- Take the mixture into your hands and knead it. The heat from your hands will help form and soften it into shape.
- To use your moon dough, just form the dough in your hand or molds to make a variety of shapes. If the dough is still too crumbly, add a few drops of baby oil at a time until it is the consistency you wish.
- Store your moon dough in an air tight container when not in use and it should stay fresh for weeks. Should it loose its consistency, just add a few more drops of baby oil and mix until softened again.