Basic Crockpot Bread Recipe
I used to make homemade bread all the time with the bread maker we received from our wedding. It’s not hard to make at all, but it can be time consuming. If you want to ditch the oven for the baking, this recipe is perfect! I love how versatile a slow cooker can be!
Slow Cooker Bread Ingredients
- 3 cups, Flour
- 1 tsp, Salt
- 2 tsp or 1 packet, Yeast
- 2 tbsp, Sugar or Honey
- 2 tbsp, Oil
- 1 cup warm (not hot!) Water
Slow Cooker Bread Directions
- Measure flour into large bowl.
- Add salt, sugar and yeast and mix together well.
- Add oil and water.
- Stir with a spoon until it gets stiff and sticky.
- Work the dough with your hands (occasionally scraping dough off your fingers) until it forms a nice ball.
If the dough stays too sticky add a bit more flour (1/4 cup at a time). If it gets too dry add a bit more water (teaspoon at a time).
- When the dough forms into a good ball, scatter flour on you work surface and turn out ball on to surface.
- Knead dough for 5-6 minutes.
- Line crockpot with parchment paper.
- Place dough in crock pot and cook on high for 1 – 1 1/2 hours. You will need to lift bread out with the parchment paper to see if the bottom is browning.
- When bottom is browning, place loaf under broiler for a couple of minutes to brown top.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on February 04, 2015