No Sew Hostess Gift Bags
Christmas time is the season of entertaining. Chances are you won’t go through the season without being invited to a holiday party or two. A grateful guest knows that bringing a hostess gift for your hostess is a nice way to show your appreciation for all of the effort they have put into the event. But what if you are on a tight budget?
No worries! With just a few simple dollar store supplies, you can create a no sew hostess gift bag that the hostess will swoon over. Take a peek at how easy it is.
No Sew Hostess Gift Bag Supplies
- Cloth Place Mat
- Decorative Ornament
- Bag of Dried Potpourri
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
We found all of the above supplies at our local dollar store. Find colors and styles that appeal to you and that you know will appeal to your hostess. We opted for a simple red place mat with silver reindeer ornament.
No Sew Hostess Gift Bag Directions
- Begin by folding your placemat in half.
- Lift the flap of fabric and apply a thick line of hot glue to the left side and bottom of the cloth. This will leave your right side open.
- Press firmly so that the glue and fabric adhere well, creating a tight seam.
- Once your “seam” is dried, you will notice you have one side still open. This will be the opening of your gift bag.
- Place your bag upright and insert any gifts you have for the hostess. A perfect idea as mentioned above is the large $1 bags of potpourri from your local dollar store. They fit perfectly and make a great gift.
- Now, use your ribbon to tie your bag shut. Add extra ribbon and curl it if you wish for extra pizzazz.
- Finish the bag by tying on your ornament to the bag. This is a nice touch as the hostess will be able to use the ornament for years to come.
How easy was that? Next time you are invited to a holiday gathering, create this simple no sew hostess gift bag. It is sure to land you on guest lists for years to come!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on November 11, 2014