Panera Rigatoni San Marzano Copycat Recipe
Print This Post
We do not have a Panera Bread close by where I live, so I have to get creative when it comes to the ingredients. They use Marzano tomatoes in this recipe, but I used the tomatoes right out of my garden and they were really good. You can also use chopped canned tomatoes.
Panera’s Rigatoni San Marzano Ingredients
1 package (1 lb), Italian Sausage (any kind)
1 box (1 lb), Rigatoni Pasta
3 Tbsp, Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1/2 cup, Frozen Peas
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 Small Tomato (chopped)
- 1 jar (26 oz), Pasta Sauce
2 Tbsp, Parmesan Cheese (grated)
2 Tbsp, Parsley (chopped)
Panera’s Rigatoni San Marzano Directions
- Cook sausage links according to package.
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, and onions. Saute until onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Cut sausage into 1/4 inch coin slices and add to skillet.
- Stir in pasta sauce and heat through. Add tomatoes and peas.
- Add pasta and combine, sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on October 15, 2014