Apple Cranberry Pie in a Jar
Print This Post
This is a great dessert for upcoming holiday festivities. So cute to put individual servings in a jar for everyone to grab quickly!
Apple Cranberry Pie in a Jar Ingredients
- 1 package, Ready made Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 2 Red Delicious Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 4 ounces, Fresh Cranberries
- 1/8 cup, Sugar
- 1/8 cup, Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp, Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup, Water
- 1/4 tsp, Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp, Cloves
- 1/4 tsp, Nutmeg
- 1 tsp, Vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp, Cornstarch
Apple Cranberry Pie in a Jar Directions
- In a large sauce pan add Water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cornstarch.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce hat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Use inner lid from mason jar to trace pie tops on crust. Cut out and set aside.
- Take remaining crust and piece crust into jars to completely cover bottom and sides up to rim.
- Make sure you press crust to uniform thickness.
- Fill Jar 3/4 full.
- Use a small cookie cutter to create vent in crust.
- place crust on top of jar and press down in and crimp top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes or until crust is brown.
This recipe makes 4 half pint pies.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 01, 2014