Embroidery Owls Craft
Print This Post
This is a simple craft that your kids can do by themselves. You can hang it just as you would a picture frame. It is the perfect pop of instant art!
Embroidery Hoop Owl Supplies
- Small Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Assorted Felt
- Assorted Felt Stickers or Embellishments
- Craft Glue
You can find all of these supplies at your local craft store and at a reasonable cost. They typically carry a large selection of felt stickers and embellishments such as birds, flowers, owls, mushrooms, and other plants and animals.
Embroidery Hoop Owl Directions
- Begin by cutting a small square of felt. You want it to be big enough that it covers the hoop.
- Take the embroidery hoop apart and place the felt between the two pieces. Press the hoops back together. The felt should be nice and tight now.
- Use your scissors to trim off any extra felt around the edges of the hoop. You want it to look nice and clean.
- Apply some glue to the back of your felt embellishment. Be generous.
- Press the embellishment to the felt fabric. Press it until it is dry and secure.
Typically there is only room for one shape, but if you choose a larger hoop, or smaller shapes, you may be able to fit several.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on September 16, 2014