Brownies with Nutella Frosting
Print This Post
Are you drooling? Because I am drooling at the thought of these delicious brownies! The nutella frosting is completely amazing!! And, you’re adding a few strawberries to the top so that totally makes it healthy :)
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients
- ¾ cup, Flour
- 2 cups, Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp, Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp, Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups, Sugar
- ½ cups, Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp, Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp, Baking Powder
- ½ tsp, Salt
- 1 cups, Strawberries (sliced)
Nutella Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup, Butter (softened)
- 2 cups, Nutella
- 4 cups, Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbsp, Milk*
*You may need a little bit or more or a little bit less of milk depending on how thick you like your frosting.
Chocolate Brownies Baking Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 15-20 second increments, stirring until completely melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and then slowly add in the flour and cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into your 9×13 baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 25 minutes to check them. If it comes out ‘clean’ they are done.
- Let the brownies cool completely. Once they are cool, use a cookie cutter to cut them into 3” circles and set aside.
Nutella Frosting Directions
- Using a hand mixer beat 2 cups of powdered sugar, ½ cup of butter and 3 Tbsp of milk along with 2 cups of Nutella.
- Blend well and then slowly add the remaining sugar, milk and butter. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Generously spread the Nutella frosting over the cooled brownies. Top with freshly sliced strawberries.
This recipe makes approximately 12 servings. 1 brownie = 1 serving. If not serving immediately store in an airtight container (minus the fruit and frosting up to 1 week). If frosting and decorating with fruit, serve immediately or store in the fridge.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on September 04, 2014