Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
Print This Post
This is my kids’ favorite dish whenever we go to Panera. But, now we don’t need to visit Panera to enjoy their mac and cheese! Try this one yourself and compare the flavors. You won’t be able to tell a difference!
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1 16-ounce box, Medium Pasta Shells
- 1/4 cup, Butter
- 1/2 cup, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups, Milk (2% or whole)
- 6 slices, White American Cheese (chopped)
- 8 ounces, Extra-Sharp White Vermont Cheddar (shredded)
- 1/2 Tbsp, Creamy Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp, Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp, Hot Sauce
Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese Directions
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a medium sauce pan. Add in the flour to make a roux, whisking constantly. Cook about 1 minute before whisking in the milk. Continue whisking as the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the seasonings (mustard, salt, hot sauce). Add in the cheeses using a spatula or wooden spoon until the sauce is smooth.
- Fold in the pasta until it’s heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on July 23, 2014