Panera Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Print This Post
One of my all-time favorite soups at Panera is this Broccoli Cheddar Cheese soup. While I can’t get to Panera as often as I would like, this recipe is just as good and so simple to make on your own!
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup, Butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup, Flour
- 2 cup, Half and Half
- 2 cup, Chicken Stock
- 2 large bunches Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- 1/4 tsp, Nutmeg
- 8 oz, Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Directions
- Cut carrots into small strips.
- Break apart broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Saute Onion in 1 tbsp of melted butter until transparent.
- Make a roux using remainder of melted butter and flour. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in half and half stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- If you want a smooth soup, at this point puree in a blender and return to heat or use immersion blender.
- Add cheese and nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 04, 2014