Strawberry Poke Cake
Print This Post
My aunt made this recipe for me several years ago and I was hooked. The jello mixed throughout the cake gives you a taste of strawberry in every bit. It’s moist and sweet, and great for any Summer picnic (or during Winter when you’re craving summer)!
Strawberry Poke Cake Ingredients
Strawberry Poke Cake Directions
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box and bake in a 9×13 pan. Cool completely.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake.
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water with the gelatin mix and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin over the cake slowly allowing it to fill the holes in the cake.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the whipped cream.
- Cut the cake in half so you have two 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 pieces.
- Spread the whipped cream over the bottom layer, and then gently top with the other piece of cake.
- Generously add whipped cream and fresh strawberries all over the top.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on May 21, 2014