Cupcake Liner Flowers
Print This Post
Who says spring décor has to be pricey? If you have a package of cupcake cups, you have all you need to make some beautiful cupcake cup flowers that are sure to look fresh all season. Take a look at how you can craft your own in just minutes. They are a great way to get a pop of color and spring for less.
Cupcake Liner Flower Supplies
- Assorted Paper Cupcake Liners
- Pipe Cleaners
- Clear Tape
We were able to find all of these supplies at our local dollar store. You can also find a variety of cupcake cups at your local craft store. Find a color and pattern that appeals to you, and don’t be afraid to mix colors and designs!
Cupcake Liner Flower Directions
- Begin by flattening out your cupcake cups.
- Stack 4-5 cupcake cups on top of each other. Make sure the design side is facing up, or facing you.
- Take your scissors and begin making one inch cuts into the cupcake cups, working your way around them in a clockwise fashion.
- Once you have made your way all around, fold your cupcake cups inward. You want to bunch them all towards the center.
- At the point of your bunch, wrap a piece of clear tape to help the bouquet stay intact.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the bunch to act as a stem.
- Take your fingers and ruffle the petals of the flower. Bend them in various directions so the bloom is full.
These will look great arranged in a vase, attached to string for a banner, or even just scattered on a table. Gather up your supplies and give these simple “flowers” a try!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on April 29, 2014