Print This Post
Want a fun and “hoppy” snack for the kids this Easter? This would be easy enough to make the night before to take to Easter dinner, or to a class party.
Bunny Bread Ingredients
- 2 1 lb loaves, Bread Dough
- 2 Raisins
- 2 Sliced Almonds
- 1 Egg
Bunny Bread Directions
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Make the Bunny Body:
- Cut off 3/4 of first loaf to make body. Form into an oval and place about 1 1/2″ from bottom of baking sheet (to leave room for legs).
- Take remaining 1/4 of first loaf and form into oval for bunny’s head and place just above and touching body.
- Cut off 1/4 of second loaf and then split that piece in half. Form each of these into 12″ long ropes. Double each over to form ears. Put in place and tuck loose ends under head on each side.
- Cut about 1″ portion of the end of the remaining loaf and then take 1/5 of that and form a ball for the nose. Split the rest in half and form each into approximately 1″ disk for each cheek.
- Put cheeks and nose in place. Add 2 raisins for eyes and 2 almond slices for teeth.
- Take remainder of loaf and but into 4 rectangles. Put in place for arms and legs just touching body. Cut 2 slits at the end of each to make fingers/toes.
- Cover the bunny and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl, then brush entire surface of bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut out a hole in bunny’s body to hold dip if desired.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on April 10, 2014