Puppy Chow Mix Recipe
Print This Post
Pick up some specialty M&M’s from a candy store to make this Irish Puppy Chow mix – it’s delish!
Puppy Chow Ingredients
- 9 cups, Chex Cereal
- 1 cup, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup, Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup, Butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Green and Yellow M&M’s
Puppy Chow Directions
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle the M&M’s throughout the cereal.
- Store in an airtight container.
To make this an Irish version, add 1 tsp Bailey’s Irish Cream as you microwave the wet ingredients.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on March 04, 2014