Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscano Soup Copycat Recipe
Print This Post
Have you ever wondered how some restaurants can make certain foods, have it available all day long and it tastes just as fresh as if they had just made it? It’s called SOUP. Any and all kinds of soup only get better the longer they sit: chili, bean and especially vegetable.
I usually fix this soup a lot in the Fall. I can eat on this one for days. If you like potato soup, you will love this copycat for Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscano Soup. This recipe is so easy to make and most of the staples can usually be found in anyone’s pantry. In the time it takes to boil some potatoes, you can have a hearty weeknight meal on the table.
Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscano Soup Ingredients
- 1 package (16 ounces), Smoked Sausage
- 2 Potatoes (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 3/4 cup, Chopped Onion
- 6 slices, Bacon
- 1 1/2 tsp, Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups, Kale (shredded)
- 2 Tbsp, Chicken Stock
- 1 quart, Water
- 1/3 cup, Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pinch, Red Pepper Flakes
Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscano Soup Directions
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place onions and bacon slices in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Remove bacon and crumble. Set aside.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes to the onions and cook an additional minute. Add chicken soup base, water, and potatoes, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add bacon, sausage, kale and cream. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and chopped scallions.
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on February 05, 2014