Copycat Recipe for Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
Print This Post
Whenever I go to Macaroni Grill, I always get at least 2 loaves of their famous Rosemary Bread. They bring it out piping hot and when you put the butter on it and it starts to melt, well, its just about the best thing in the world.
Out mother used to make homemade bread every week and we would all be in the kitchen when that first loaf came out of the oven. Need I say that the first loaf did not last long, with four of us kids grabbing for the butter and the bread at the same time. Now I am hungry! This is what comes to mind whenever I get this bread at Macaroni Grill. This is the reason why I needed to duplicate it at home.
Try this bread and let me know what you think of it.
Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2 1/2 cup white flour, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Rosemary, divided use
- 1 tbsp. canola oil, peanut oil or olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Place yeast, sugar, and warm water in large bowl or mixer, stir and allow mixture to become bubbly.
- Mix in 2 cups of flour and the salt. Add one tablespoon of the rosemary.
- Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in mixer about 30 seconds until smooth and elastic. Add more flour if necessary.
- Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel. Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide in quarters. Let dough rest about 5-10 minutes. Take each quarter and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, brush some melted butter on top and sprinkle some chopped Rosemary.
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on January 01, 2014