Ruby Tuesday Chicken Fresco Copycat Recipe
Print This Post
I don’t live very close to a Ruby Tuesday, but whenever I get a chance to eat there, I do. They have such wonderful food and a wide variety on their menu. One of the last things that I ate was the Chicken Fresco. I loved the taste, but did not really like the lemon sauce.
Here is my version of Ruby Tuesday’s Chicken Fresco. Hopefully you agree that this version is just as tasty as the real thing.
Ruby Tuesday Chicken Fresco Copycat Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Boneless Skinless
- 1/4 cup, Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 slices, Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 to 7 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Tbsp, Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chicken Fresco Directions
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Cut the 2 chicken breasts in half lengthwise and marinate in Balsamic Vinegar for 30 minutes (4 chicken breasts).
- Saute chicken in an oven proof skillet over medium heat with olive oil until browned on both sides and cooked through (about4 minutes on each side). Add salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each piece of chicken and place in a oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Thinly slice 2 to 3 pieces of fresh Basil and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven and place 3 slices of tomatoes and fresh Basil leaves on top of each piece of chicken and sprinkle the sliced basil over all the chicken.
Now, for those of you that really like the lemon sauce that traditionally goes over the Chicken Fresco, here is the recipe for that.
Chicken Fresco Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 8 oz, White Wine
- 1 1/2 oz, Fresh Lemon Juice
- 5 oz, Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp, Butter
Lemon Sauce Directions
- Combine white wine, lemon juice in a saucepan over low-medium heat until warm and almost to a boil.
- Lower heat and add the heavy cream and cook for about 3 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Whisk butter in sauce and pour over chicken in place of cheese and place tomatoes and Basil on top. With the sauce, there is no need to place chicken in oven.
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on December 18, 2013