Recipe for Apple Pie Stuffed Apples
Print This Post
This Apple Pie stuffed Apples are delicious and they put an interesting twist on your average apple pie. I honestly didn’t know how I felt about this recipe when I was in the process of making it, but surprisingly enough.. I really liked it! So, let’s begin making it!
Stuffed Apples Ingredients
- 4 Green Apples (or any other tart apple)
- 1 tsp + Dash, Cinnamon cinnamon (keep separate)
- 1/4 cup, Sugar
- 1 Tbsp, Brown Sugar
- 1 Pie Crust*
- 1 tsp, Butter (melted)
You can use a pre-made pie crust, or try this homemade pie crust recipe.
Stuffed Apples Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the tops of your apples.
- Hollow out your apples. This part is very difficult because apples are not very soft fruits. Try to save the insides so that you can use them for your filling.
- (Pie Filling) Slice up your apple insides into little cubes, put them in a bowl. Then, add your cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and mix them together well. Place the filling into your apples, fill them to the top!
- Roll out your pie crusts and cut into strips. Place the strips in a criss cross pattern over your apples.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a microwave safe bowl mix in the dash of cinnamon. Using a baking brush, paint your butter mixture on top of your pie crusts.
- Place in a baking dish with a little bit of water in the bottom of the dish. Just enough water to barely cover the bottom.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
Now, just allow them to cool and then enjoy! You can add whipped cream or ice cream if you prefer, otherwise enjoy your tasty treat!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on December 04, 2013