Homemade Carrot Cake Jelly
This decadent jelly incorporates the fall flavors everyone loves with a sweet, summery taste. It’s very simple to prepare, and the ingredients are at premium quality and rock bottom prices in the fall. Even the pectin is on clearance at many stores because canning season is nearing the end.
This recipe doesn’t require canning, it can be cooled and refrigerated after cooking. This makes a great holiday gift and is especially scrumptious when served over cream cheese.
Carrot Cake Jelly Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups, Carrots (finely shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups, Apples (finely chopped)
- 2.5 cups, Pineapple (fresh chopped)*
- 3 Tbsp, Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp, Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp, Nutmet
- 6 Tbsp, Classic Pectin (1 box)
- 6 1/2 cups, Sugar
*You can use (1) 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple (undrained) but it won’t be quite as good.
Carrot Cake Jelly Preparation
- Combine all ingredients except pectin and sugar in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat.
This jelly is slightly chunky, if you prefer a smoother texture blend with an immersion blender at this point.
- Add in pectin. Return to burner and bring to a hard boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, bring back to a rolling boil. Boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly. Skim if necessary.
Tip: If there is too much foam when making jellies or jams, add 1 tbs of butter before hard boil.
- Ladle into prepared jars. Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 09, 2013