Apple and Raisin Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Squash and apples are in season now, which means this dish is not only delicious but also inexpensive! This would be a beautiful addition to any holiday meal too!
Apple and Raisin Stuffed Acorn Squash Ingredients
- 1 Acorn Squash (halved and seeded)
- 2 Tbsp, Butter
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup, Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp, Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup, Raisins
Apple and Raisin Stuffed Acorn Squash Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the squash onto a baking pan cut side down. Fill the baking pan with 1/4 inch of water.
Note: it is easier to make the finished squash sit up straight if you cut a flat spot on the back of each half.
- Bake the squash in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Drain off any remaining water in the baking sheet and turn squash cut side up.
- While the squash is baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the apple in the butter about 15 minutes. Stir the raisins, brown sugar, and Pumpkin spice into the mixture.
- Fill the acorn squash with the apple mixture. Return the squash to the oven and bake until the filling is hot (about 15 minutes).
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 23, 2013