Print This Post
White Castle hamburgers are so good. So, guess what? Yep, I have a copycat recipe for these too! They really are not hard to prepare. I have fixed these before and when they are completely cooled, I wrap them and place them in the freezer in the same bag that the dinner rolls were in.
School is right around the corner. These would make a really good after school treat for the kids. Just take them out of the freezer and pop them into the microwave. No hassle and no mess.
White Castle Jalapeno Cheeseburger Copycat Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb, Hamburger
Do not use anything leaner than 90%, it makes the hamburger too dry for this recipe.
- 1 package, Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 package, Ready Made Dinner Rolls (pack of 12)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup, Water
- 12 slices, Pepper Jack cheese (or any other flavor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
White Castle Jalapeno Cheeseburger Copycat Recipe Directions
- Mix lipton onion soup into hamburger.
- Flatten hamburger out and cut in half lengthwise, then cut each side into 6 pieces.
- Flatten each piece forming 12 4-inch patties.
- Place onion into a food processor and mince.
- Place hamburger patties in a pre-heated skillet and cook on medium/low until they are almost done (about 2 minutes on each side). Add salt and pepper to taste. Take out and set aside.
- Place onions into pan and sauté for about 1 minute. Add minced garlic and water and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Return the patties to the skillet with the onion and garlic mixture. Place the cheese on top of each patty and allow the cheese to just melt.
- Lay dinner rolls out and slice them forming a bun.
- Lay a hamburger patty on each of the bottom rolls. Spoon 1/2 tsp of onions onto each hamburger.
You can omit the pepperjack cheese and just make a classic hamburger, or add another variety of cheese to make it your own. The flavor is just the same, if not better than buying at the castle!