Meijer Stores To Stop Doubling Coupons

Meijer has announced that effective August 25, 2013, they will end double coupons in their stores. However, to offset this bad news, they will be relying more heavily on Meijer mPerks coupons for their customers.

You can still save. You will save 50% less if you used coupons. I feel like now it’s going to be even more important for you to follow Savings Lifestyle since we will help you maximize every trip using coupons, cash back incentives, promotions, unadvertised deals, Catalina promotions and other deals.

COMMENT and share your thoughts. What do you think of the Meijer coupon redemption change?

RELATED: Saving Money Without Using Coupons

by Savings Lifestyle: Amber on August 04, 2013

• Nicole - August 04, 2013 @ 7:33 pm

I’m really upset about this, but I can’t say it’s a surprise. My question was never if, but when??? I got my answer today unfortunately:(

• Julie M - August 04, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

I don’t like this at all. I stopped going to Kroger when they stopped doubling. Rempke’s wil be my store of choice from now on.

• Jessica - August 04, 2013 @ 8:40 pm

this stinks! you would think they would be enjoying all the business they gained when kroger stopped doubling. are stored just looking to make customers mad?

• Jenny - August 04, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

Shop at Aldi’s, no worry about coupons at all.

• Cheryl - August 05, 2013 @ 11:42 pm

I gave up Krogers when they stopped doubling, now I probably will stop going to Meijer too.
    I’m shopping at Walmart more & more. :(

• Vicki - August 06, 2013 @ 7:52 am

I am very upset about this! I have a family of five and I really needed that extra savings as so do many others I am sure! What are these stores thinking they are still making money regardless! Ugh now to try and refigure my budget!

• UNKNOWN - August 06, 2013 @ 10:35 am

Will no longer buy as much in large quantities. Will change the way I cook and shop. Smaller stores will get the business now such as Aldi, Walmart, Save a lot, etc. So much for helping the consumer.

• Jaime - August 07, 2013 @ 8:54 am

I’m not happy about this at all, as Meijer is my primary store to shop, but like others I can’t say that I’m surprised. I do find it interesting that Meijer seems to be modeling their changes after Kroger. I will continue to plan my shopping trips, visit multiple stores and follow the blog to get the best deals. Doing this will still save us money, it just won’t be as much unforunately.

• Twila Cox - August 13, 2013 @ 7:25 am

Well time to just stop shopping I guess. I have been slowly changing the way we purchase food anyway. I think it will be funny to see how many of these stores are in businesses after all of this happens. They are one of the most expensive stores around are area. I left pop when they would only allow me one coupon for 4 packs of pop so I guess there will be more groceries for everybody now. Less in my home of prepackaged and processed food. Because I don’t like messing with their mperks program too much hassle.